Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Beauty Queen & I

This is me with our very own Bb. Pilipinas Ms. Universe- Janine Tugonon.
Janine used to attend Victory- Ubelt church (which is I'm now part of) when she was still a student in UST (which is also my alma mater and the oldest university in Asia ^^).

It was in our Friday youth service when our youth pastor announced that Janine will be with us on our 7pm service to give us a short talk and encouragement. This is what she said that stayed on my mind...

"Focus on what God wants you to do..."

In her personal experience, there are a lot of people who are bashing her, saying that she doesn't deserve the title of being our country's bet for the Ms. Universe beauty pageant. And in joining the competition again for the second time, many were against it and she sacrificed a lot to be where she is right now.

In our very own lives, we may be sure of what God wanted us to do... But there are times (or maybe most of the time) people and circumstances say otherwise, making us put off our focus on Him and on His purpose for us. Like what she said that night, in doing God's will you need to sacrifice things. You'll be sacrificing your own dreams and even your family's dreams for you.

But why do we need to sacrifice these for God's will?

Because when we miss God's will or purpose for our lives, we miss the whole point of why we are here on earth. If we don't do what God wants us to do in this life, it is not His lost... It is OUR lost.

So who says that God can't use a beauty queen to advance His Kingdom on this earth? ;) In this I will quote one of my fave verses from the Bible--

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." -Proverbs 31:30 (NIV)

Though I know that being a beauty queen is not for me (haha!), I know that God can still use me in ways my mind can't comprehend for His glory & pleasure. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment