Monday, April 15, 2013

Common Denominators

I have my new work now as an art instructor for kids. I'm only a couple of week old in it and still in the adjustment period. Arts and kids = great combination! Part of the adjusting season is missing my former work and the people that I was with there. I used to work in a non-government organization (NGO) for the poor and I had those times when I went in to houses that are built under bridges, near dump sites, on relocation sites and evacuation centers and spent some time with people living there. I also saw many kids in those places and most of the time if they are not in day care centers, they are just playing with their fellow children and living out their childhood days.

Here in my new work, I'm now more exposed to kids. They are just the same with the kids that I've encountered in my past work --  energetic, fun, have great potentials and a future. Only that they have more resources like they have cars and houses and maybe they are studying in exclusive schools.

Now I'm realizing that God put me in a place where I can see kids from both worlds. They might came from "different" spheres (different backgrounds, upbringing, language used in speaking, etc.) but they are all under the same heaven. Other than food, water, air and shelter, they all need from us are

Love
Appreciation
Affirmation
Understanding
Discipline
And yes, some sweets :)

Yesterday was the coronation night for the Bb. Pilipinas beauty pageant. I didn't watch the pageant (since I wasn't really into it hehe) but I watched the Q & A portion of the crowned Bb. Pilipinas-Universe 2013 on YouTube. The question was something like if women have something to teach men, what would it be? The answer of the beauty queen was-- sensitivity, because men tend to be so logical and rational. The morena beauty got a point there!

But you know, if men have something to teach women that would be rationalizing. Because women tend to be so sensitive and emotional! (I should know being a woman myself!)

So therefore the common denominators for that would be-- understanding and adjusting. :)

I thank you! :) (left hand on the waist, stomach in, chest out, flash that big smile and do the "beauty queen" wave on the right hand) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment