Sunday, July 7, 2013

Fasting Hangover

Last July 2-4, we had our mid-year prayer & fasting in our church. It was really a great time that I'm always looking forward to, even though before I never thought that fasting can be really fun & exciting. :)

During the breaking of fast last Thursday at Ptr. Bong & Ate Jing's house, I've noticed how Justin & Joshua (their two little boys) was so enthusiastic and intensely happy with all the shouting & running around when their daddy arrived home. Justin (the eldest) went to us where we are having our dinner and shouted "Daddy is here!!!" with gusto! Then I saw Joshua running around very happy while holding a bottle of water which is about half empty saying, "Look, daddy gave me this!" Ate Jing told us that he's always happy with whatever his daddy gives to him.

Then it made me think about my relationship with my Father God. Is just His mere presence makes me so enthusiastic & intensely happy? Or in anything that He gives to me, do I receive it with joy & a thankful heart? Even though to other people it might look just like a "half-empty bottled water", but since my Father gave this to me I'm still happy that I received it.

It's something that I pondered about, & I realized that I can be like that when I'm child-like before God & all my delight is in Him. Since I'm already satisfied with His presence, then whatever blessing that He gives me I'll be thankful for it, because it's only just a bonus from being with Him. :)

Yep, I'm having my fasting hangover! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment