Friday, November 1, 2013

Cambodia Love

Cambodia.
Angkor Wat by sunrise :)
Just a mention of its name, number of thoughts starts running in my head. Before, I just know this country for its Angkor Wat, which is one of our UNESCO World Heritage site. I think it was roughly 4 years ago when I saw this nation on a different light. It was during the time when I watched at the 700 Club Asia its dark history under the Khmer Rouge regime during the 70's. From then on I already had a heart for Cambodia and it's been my prayer that someday God will let me come to that nation and be a blessing there. I have friends who went there before me and hearing their stories just made me pray more to God that He will let me come there someday just like them. God answered my prayer, because years after praying He let me come to this nation for a short-term missions last year! I was really joyful when at last God answered my prayers! It was a great time and my love for Cambodia just got deeper that after my last year's trip I have decided that I will return the following year.

Just this October, I'm thankful to God that He again honored my prayers and enabled me to return in the Kingdom of Cambodia. One of my goals this year was really just to see the fruits or the growth of the local disciples that we met from the last year's trip, since we conducted a team building there on having a small group. Even just before this month, we already heard some good reports about our church there, Every Nation Church Cambodia. One of these are they have transferred to a bigger venue and the other was they have sent many delegates at our Ignite Conference 2013 last summer. It was different seeing them here in the Philippines for it's also a proof of God's faithfulness to them because He made them come here in the Philippines.

Ignite 2013!
Some of our Khmer delegates :)
I think until now, I'm still overwhelmed with God's goodness from the trip. Other than seeing my friends at ENCC, I also had chances to see again my friends whom I've known from Korea when I attended a conference there last year.

With Chantra and Sinat :)
Maybe a single blog post is not enough for me to share my experiences and thoughts for the past trip that I had. It was a long but exciting journey by the way... since I applied again for this trip late last year, met the whole team who were with me in this journey (I will also miss those the monthly meetings that we had before the trip) and arriving again in the Kingdom of Cambodia. I pray that those who read this will also be inspired to go and be a blessing to the nations and also see the bigger picture of God's plan to spread His love to every nation. :)

The future is bright for you, Cambodia

No comments:

Post a Comment