Tuesday, February 14, 2012

In all fairness and singleness

Image from christianitytoday.com
Yeah, I know. There is no such thing as Valentine's Day for God. God IS love & love IS God and I believe He wants us to spread the love beyond February 14. But then I noticed that Valentine's Day was like specially "packaged" for couples. Chocolates & flowers are suddenly in demand in the market, restaurants and malls have their valentine's promos fit for couples & TV programs have their valentine's specials, too.
Victory- UBelt
Valentine season is also very appealing to the youth so it's really a great time to appeal to them! We have this February series in our church for our youth services named, "Weird Love". It was really UH-MAY-ZING because on our week 1, we already have 6 overflow rooms filled with young people! Before the service starts the line even reached outside the building! :D GOD is BIG! ;))

Today, February 14, 2012 is my Sabbath day for the week! ;) Not that I did this on purpose but it just so happen that I don't have any appointment on this day. :) I'm just taking it easy today & not pressured to go out for the sake of this "season".

As I mentioned above, there is no Valentine's day for Him. Every day is a love day & we also should live and walk in love (Ephesians 5:2, 2 John 1:6). But honestly this morning, I prayed to God about this. (Haha! Not that I'm not happy being in this season but seeing & hearing love & hearts all over the place can make you pray such prayers! ;P)

Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces grain—first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. Mark 4:27-28 (NIV)

I may not know how He works but I just believe that God is working in the background. I don't know how, when & where, but like the verse say "...the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how..." I may not see it but God says something is happening... though I do not know how!

Some of you (single people in the house specially the ladies!) who are reading this might need to know, or at least be reminded of this: God is working in the background. Maybe you've been sowing seeds of prayers. Night & day believe that those seeds are starting to sprout & grow even if you don't know how. I can honestly say that I'm enjoying this season. When you are filled with God's love, you will not be looking for love from any place or any thing or from anyone. Instead, love will be overflowing from you that it should be shared! ;))

Image from RuthieDean.com
In all fairness & singleness! Let's just enjoy the season that we are in! Practice excellence, love God & love people, do great things for His Kingdom that you can do as a single, etc... As we work for the things that matters to God, He will work on the things that matters to us. And in the first place, it is God who put that desire in our hearts. :)   


No comments:

Post a Comment