Tuesday, December 16, 2014

3 Weddings and a Birthday

The first two weeks of December feels like a year! A lot of things had happened... or should I say, many couples got married for it's becoming a norm to get married on December here in the Philippines. All of the 3 weddings that I've been to are weddings of my friends from the church. :) (And I was also present to all of their bridal showers!)

#PeeweeIrisIDo

This year, it was my first time to celebrate my birthday in a friend's wedding! :) I wasn't really a guest but I was part of the team who prepared for it (I was more involved in the creative and styling part). :)
Last meeting (night before the wedding) for the Peewee-Iris nuptials
I had sleepless nights before the wedding because of the preparation but it's fine with me. It's always been my desire to be involved in a wedding specially if it's for a friend and when I'm with my friends! :) Thank you Lord for the roaring strength! :)

Happy wedding and happy birthday! :D

December 6 started early for me since I have to be in the wedding venue early in the morning. Thank God for my parents who went with me there early and had a breakfast with me at Coffee Bean! :)

This was also a test of faith for all of us! It was really a risk to held a wedding ceremony outdoor since there was a threat that typhoon Ruby will visit us with her rains and thunderstorms. But! Thank God He answered our prayers! It was a sunny-windy day and not even a single drop of rain came! What a happy wedding for the couple, Peewee and Iris and a happy birthday to me! :)

The wedding ceremony and reception ended and it has been a long day, so I thought that we will don't celebrate my birthday anymore but! Surprise! We celebrated it at again, in Coffee Bean! :) God knows how I really appreciate this, even though we are all feeling groggy and sleepy, my friends and my sister still made some time to celebrate my birthday with a few hours remaining for the day. :) A pleasant surprise indeed... :)


#MikLang Wedding

The following weekend (December 12, 2014), I witnessed another glorious wedding! A sunset and the Taal lake in front of us and a rainbow behind us! No event stylist or wedding coordinator can intentionally pull this off... only God. :) Both of the couple are my friends and I've been with them in Cambodia to share God's love to the Khmers. I'm thankful and I appreciate this couple, sooo much! One of the reasons is that they are so generous with advises and imparting wisdom when it comes to courtship and being in a relationship. :) They honored God in their relationship and they are proud of it! And it was also their first time to kiss on their wedding day! ♥

(Dear Papa Lord, can You also bless me with a glorious wedding like this one when Your right time (and the right man) comes to me to get married? ^-^)

God somewhat "spoiled" us with these: a sunset and a rainbow!

#JacqDaWedding aka #BIGatinwedding

This was on December 13, 2014 or 12-13-14!

Hahahaha! I was laughing all the time during the wedding ceremony! The bride, Jacq, is also a friend of mine and so far she's the most unique bride that I have known! Why? Because she's the only bride that I know who was howling (like cheering herself) while she's walking down the aisle! Woohoo! :D It think I was smiling big (and howling also) while she was walking towards her groom, holding her pomelo-colored bouquet and wearing that usual big grin on her face! (and Daryl, the groom, was crying by the altar. Aww...)

God's grace was really evident in this wedding... there were a lot of setbacks and it even rained before the ceremony started! But just what Jacq said, the wedding still took place because of God. And I say, "Amen!" :)

It also felt like a reunion for me since I had friends that I didn't have spent time with for some seasons now who were also present in the wedding. :)

The color motif was black and white... Not common colors for a wedding right? :)
So yes, it's been a loooong first two weeks of December! Not to mention I have also attended several Christmas parties too in this span of time... :)

All I can say is... Thank You Lord. :) For the 3 weddings (and more to go) that I attended and for another year (and more) that You have blessed me with. :) I just turned 26 and I believe the 2nd quarter of my life will be better compared to the first one because of You, Jesus. ♥

‘But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
    whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water
    that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
    its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
    and never fails to bear fruit.’
-Jeremiah 17:7-8


No comments:

Post a Comment