Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Bridal Shower Madness

Over this past weekend, I've been to 3 shower parties that started last Friday til Sunday (well, it was a Shag (Shower and Stag) party that I attended last Friday). :)

It's been really a weekend of laughs and sharing of wisdom and encouragements.

I've never been into a romantic relationship, and I will never be unless the goal for that relationship is marriage. Though it's not a popular idea nowadays, I still believe that it is a wise move because it will help you to at least spare yourself from unnecessary hurts and pains and emotional roller coaster rides.

From all of these shower (and a shag) parties that I attended, I just have some thoughts about marriage, relationships and love (don't think that I'm an expert on these, but talking to many godly people who have been there is really like stumbling upon an oasis in hot desert where you can gather enough water for your own journey).

Shower filled weekend!
Enjoy your season of being single.
Yes it's not really new but this still rings true. :) It will going to be a whole new world once you get married. There are many things that you enjoy doing while you are still single that you may not do again once you already have a spouse (example: sleeping alone in bed hehe!). And if you are not happy being single, then most probably you will never be happy being married too! Save money while you still don't have your own family to support, develop yourself as a person, be the right person for the one that you are going to marry by preparing for him/her, be a blessing to many people, etc. There are a lot of meaningful and significant things that you can do while flying solo. :)

Don't rush but instead also enjoy your time being single with the Lord. We need Him in every season of our lives (single or not), and I believe we will be needing more of Him and His grace once we got married with an imperfect person like you and me. :)


Every story is different.
Every love story is different from each other and God have His ways in doing it beautiful for His children. What important is, God is the Writer and the Builder of that story and relationship. :)
Unless the Lord builds the house,
    the builders labour in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
    the guards stand watch in vain. -Psalm 127:1

Be who you are.
You don't need to be somebody aside from being yourself. Like Jesus, believe that someone will love you and accept you... ♫ just the way you are... ♫ :) Of course there will still be some things that you need to develop like character traits, but what I mean is you don't need to change if your goal is to be liked back by the person you admire, or to change so that men (or women) might notice you. I believe that when we enjoy being ourselves, God will be pleased--who is our Creator. I'm saying this specially to women. Don't think like...

"I think I should be like her..."
"I should be like this because this is what he likes..."
"If I can be more like her, maybe he will notice me..."

Stuffs like that.

Our goal is not to be someone else... Our goal is to be more Christlike! Not to be "very likeable" or be "crushable". It is to be Christlike! So don't focus on them but focus on Him-- Jesus! :)
There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:...
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
-Ecclesiastes 3:1 and 11
Image form amendesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment