Friday, November 11, 2011

Hey single ladies!

This was a post I made several months ago about being a good wife. Don't get me wrong, I'm still single and actually I've never been in a romantic relationship before. But what was taught to me is, if you want to have a successful relationship, you have to prepare for it. So then I believe that God is just preparing me for it and one of His means is through His Word.

So here's what God had taught me during my devotional time :)

Prov 19:14 Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the LORD.
-A prudent (or wise, exercising good judgment or common sense) wife is from the Lord. Though I'm not saying that our parents have no capacity of training us to be prudent wives in the future, it's just that true wisdom comes from Him and not from anyone else. Though God can also use our parents to prepare us in life, but I believe, w/ the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Word of God is still our greatest teacher. :)
 Looking at it, if houses & wealth are the inheritance from parents, we the women are the inheritance from the Lord for being a wife to a man. So what would that be like being formed and molded by the Lord as His inheritance for a man that He wishes to bless? I believe it will take time if us girls are not that submissive to Him hehe.. ;)

Proverbs 12:4 A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.
-From being a prudent wife as an inheritance, now a wife of noble (dignified, refined, reputable) character is a husband's crown. A noble wife is someone that a husband can be proud of. It's like a "trophy wife" but over a hundred fold and minus the negative puns in it (coz a crown is waaay more worthy than a trophy).
 He can be proud of her wife because of the way she carries herself, her good values and right conduct (GMRC? Grade school?? haha! ;D) and her behavior. I believe this is also about practicing proper hygiene and being beautiful inside-out. I'm not saying that we should get a nose lift whatsoever, but we should at least know how to look pleasing and presentable being a woman (ouch for me!) and how to take care of ourselves.
 It is being beautiful inside-out! (I'm sure we don't want to be the decay to someone's bones right? ;P)

Prov 31:10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
-Here goes again... "wife of noble character". She is not only her husband's crown but also someone far more worthy than rubies. How much a ruby stone can cost? I googled it (haha) and I found out that a 1.04 carat Ruby (super tiny!) can cost up to $816.00 (do the conversion na lang to peso but I'm sure that's very expensive!). Multiply it hundreds of times and that would be the worth of a wife of noble character!
 So she's not just someone a husband could be proud of but she's also someone precious and should be taken care of. :) If I own a lot of ruby stones, I'm sure I'll be extra careful with them. :) (This part I think is for the dudes!)

Prov 18:22 He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.
-A wife is not only an inheritance, a crown, and someone worth far more than expensive rubies but above all she's a favor from the Lord! Wow! Pasensya na ha, ang tindi lang ng revelation nito sa'kin eh haha! Favor is a present, grace or a gift. It's something done or granted out of goodwill.
 Then what would it be like being prepared by the Lord to be His favor, His gift or His blessing to someone? Hmm, I think it involves lots of molding, pruning and shaping of our character!
   So what's the point here? Think about it; YOU are the inheritance, the crown, the favor, the gift from the Lord! Maybe God is putting you on pressing situations because He's molding you to be that good wife in those Scripture verses! God could be putting you on situations that you have to wait (and wait) because He wants you to be patient because you could be needing a lot of patience when you're already with the man that you've been praying and waiting for! Or maybe you have struggles in your studies or work because God is developing something in you that will complement with your future husband's character!
Gen. 2:18 And the LORD God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”

Gen. 2:22 Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

While our "Adams" may be still out there doing what God had told them to do, we at the same time are being made or molded by God FIT for the partner that He destined for us. And when the right time comes (in this only God knows), like Eve, He will present us to our own "Adams".

 Maybe we're still single because God is still molding us, or God is still molding the man for us. That is why it is wise to pray for him even though you still don't know him because he might be needing it while the Lord is molding him. :) But ultimately, we are being molded by God so we can be more like CHRIST. God created Eve so Adam can have a helper to do God's purpose for the man. So this is ALWAYS about God and His Kingdom! :)

 Before I said to God, "Ok God. I'll just pray for him." But in my heart, it's like God said to me, "No, he's the one who's waiting for you!" (Seriously?!?) So it dawned on me that we could think that we are the ones who are waiting BUT there's a possibility that we are the one who's being waited for! Now it's clear to me, we could be waiting for so long because of our own doings. Maybe if we are more obedient to God He can speed up things for us hehe! ;)

 For those who have already met their own "Adam", best wishes to you haha! God molding our character is a life-long process. :) To my single ladies, I have a word for all of us...
 You're not alone in waiting, he could just be waiting for you too! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment