Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Let's add a little "cheesiness" on this! ;)

Funny! I made a visit to my almost non-existent Multiply page (because I have not made any updates on it for more than a year now! ;P) just moments ago. I end up smiling and grinning by reading some of my old journal entries & sometimes I thought, what was I thinking back then when I posted those? Haha! :D Obviously I was so hooked up with my Multiply account back then and it was a good idea. :) I was like "walking down a memory lane" when I had a look on it again.

But then, one journal post caught my attention. I posted it on August 18, 2009 and it was a "combo" entry about miracles; it was like two stories about miracles, hehe. :) The first one was about my sister's successful operation and how our bodies work like a "miracle". The next one is about... (drum roll please) love stories! Haha! :D (I'm sure you already had a clue with the title up there! ;P) I remember the song Born for You by David Pomeranz. The first stanza goes like this:

Too many billion people
Running around the planet
What is the chance in heaven
That you'd find your way to me?
Tell me what is this sweet sensation?
It's a miracle that's happened
Though I search for an explanation
Only one thing it could be -

Cheeeeesssyyy!!! :D So it's like also a miracle when two people destined for one another to meet each other and be together even there are "too many billion people" who are "running around the planet". Kinda like destiny and miracle rolled into one. Hmm, maybe that's why I really enjoy watching wedding videos, not because I already want to get married too (I'm still young for that, I think!) but the thought that even there are so many people in this world, those who are destined for each other are well... destined! ;) I also embrace the fact that God writes our love stories (that's IF you let Him!), and I really like it when couples during their weddings honor God in their relationships and acknowledge Him as the Author of their love stories. ;) And it's really good to know that stories like these don't just happen in those chick flick movies! :)

Image from mhatter99
Here's the post that I've been telling you about. I just want it to share this AGAIN (haha!) because I just want to! ;P And honestly, I got inspired AGAIN from my 20-year-old self's post. :)

So who can explain this? IT'S A MIRACLE! :) -Aug. 18, 2009

Just by the time you thought you know a lot about life, something "new" will come to your mind and you'll realize... There are still many many things to know about it.
Yesterday, me and my sis had this conversation about the ovulation/menstrual cycle (yeah, I think this is the "ultimate" girl talk! haha!). Out of the blue, I asked her a simple question relating to this topic. Then you know how talks can go to another topic then to another one and to another. ;)
My sis undergone an operation that removed a cyst from her almost a year ago. Stated on the report, the pathologist said that there were fat, fluid and BALLS OF HAIR found on the removed cyst. BALLS OF HAIR? Truly, there are still a lot of mysteries in life that even our technology today can't explain. Even the creation of life itself. How from just two cells can form a complicated being within months? And this being (a human) that once upon a time was only a zygote, can eventually do some marvelous things when he/she grows up (you know, like lead a country or do some awesome artworks, etc). Science can't explain this phenomenon, that's why I believe miracles still happen in this time and age. And why not? You and me are both created thru a miracle! :D
================================================
Are soulmates real? You know, that idea of "There's someone out there meant to be with me" kinda thing? I've been hearing/reading/watching real stories about people finding someone and believing, right then and there, that they were made for each other.
Yes, that was Michael V. on the Reader's Digest Asia Sept. 2008 cover!
I read an article from Reader's Digest Sept. 2008 issue about a guy of how his whole life is related to a great scientist, Isaac Newton. It was a good read actually, particularly the portion where and how he met his wife. He went in this place meant for dancing and socializing and there a woman caught his attention. He asked her for a dance and after that they had that usual getting-to-know-you talk. He shared to her of how Newton was his constant "companion" of his life. The woman was amused and told him that her surname is actually Newton! Then he wrote that he heard a voice, telling him very clearly that he was looking at his future wife. Weeks later he found out that the woman's family was almost certainly of Isaac Newton's line. Now they're married for almost 5 decades! 
  
Last night, I watched the 700 Club Asia at QTV11. There was this couple sharing there love story and they knew almost instantly (they knew each other for only 6 months) that they will end up together. The girl already knew/felt it but how can she propose to this guy? She is a Filipina with conservative values! :) Then the guy (who is an Israeli) eventually proposes to the girl after hearing a small still voice (God's voice I suppose.. ;) ). Now they are happily married for years with a daughter.

From Pink Sherbet Photography (Flickr)
Then another story for this soulmates stuff. My mother is a steady listener of DZAS (an AM radio station) so naturally, I got to listen to it, too. In one of their radio programs, they had a guest couple who shared their story as a pair. When they first met each other in a church activity/event, the guy was currently with someone and the girl had her suitors. The guy heard a voice when he saw the girl saying that this girl will going to be his wife. The guy came up to the girl and told her that she will be his wife! Of course the girl was puzzled upon hearing it, maybe even freaked out! Needless to say they're married until to this day.  
============================================
Call it coincidence, luck or accident... I remembered what the master old turtle in Kung Fu Panda said: "There are no accidents..." this is almost related to this saying, "Everything happens for a reason". So when all else fails to explain these phenomena, indeed miracles still happen and they just don't "happen", they are I believe... acts of God. :))

Forgive me... Sometimes I just plunge myself in all these cheesiness out of the blue! ;) How's that song goes again??

That I was born for you
It was written in the stars
Yes, I was born for you
And the choice was never ours...

Hahaha! I'm outta here! ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment