Friday, November 25, 2011

Kids Church realization... :)

Kids are adorable. Sometimes I see myself wearing a wide grin just by watching them. Last Sunday while volunteering for Kids Church Pre-school, I got to see how several kids talk. It sometimes amazes how can they understand each other with those fragments and speech as they talk with each other!

We have this new rule in the classroom. I personally call it, the "balloon rule". (hehe...;) I can't think of any!) We have I think 16 balloons (8 for boys and 8 for girls), stuck on the board in front of the class. If the boys become noisy, the teacher will pop one of their balloons. Same rule apply for the girls. The group with more balloons left in the end of the class wins & will get a reward. This was for classroom management purposes and I must say it worked for us! ^-^ 
Image from www.happypartyidea.com
Now I got to handle one of those kids. She's a very cute and adorable girl with round eyes and slightly wavy hair. She always asks me to help her with her crafts, to come with her when she wants to go to the comfort room to pee or to wash her hands, help her with her food and just ask me questions about anything! Then she started to ask me this question, "Teacher... Are you going to pop those balloons?" Then she covered both of her ears with her hands. I answered her smiling, "No, we will not pop those balloons if you will all remain behave." Then moments came by and she asked me again... "Teacher... Are you going to pop those balloons?" (Still with her hands on her ears) And so I answered her with the same reply.

I can't help but smile whenever I remember this girl! She's just adorable and not to mention she's well-behaved! :) I also prayed for her healing because she have juvenile rheumatism. During one of my quiet times with God, I told Him of how I was pleased with this girl. Even she's asking me the same question over and over again and even she's always asking me to help her with almost anything during that class. Then I came to realize this and asked God, "Am I pleasing You the way this girl pleased me?" or "Am I not irritating You when I always ask the same thing to You over and over again?"

I've got a lot of prayer concerns to God and some of them I've been praying for years now. I always ask Him to help me with these and with those and sometimes I feel like I'm a broken record before Him. Then this morning, I believe He answered me with this,
"And He said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." -Matthew 18:3-4 (NIV)
So I got to ask myself, "Why was this girl asking me the same question all over again? Why is she keeps on asking me to help her and to go with her?" It is because she recognizes me with someone who have authority over her. Because she knows I know the answers to her questions. Because she knows that I am able to help her. Because she can't go with no one to guide her. Because she knows that she's a kid and me being the grown up and her teacher, she knows that I am able.
Image from deviantart.com- cweeks
God is pleased with us when we come to Him as a child. When we know we are helpless apart from Him, when we know He got all the answers to the questions that we have and when we know that He is ABLE. He is pleased when we live as His child and we see Him as our Father. Thank God for Jesus that through Him we can be called as God's children! :D Having a giant faith is being childlike before our God. When you are just relying on His strength, His grace, His faithfulness, His mercy and His love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment